Maintaining the health of your roof will save you thousands in the long run and ensure you protect your most valuable asset – your home. All roofs will deteriorate over time, it’s inevitable, however, with these simple tips you can ensure to get the full lifetime out of your roof:
- Check your gutter regularly – blockages cause problems and some debris is very acidic so will deteriorate at an increased speed.
- Pay special attention to any metal parts of your roof as these can get to a critical state of decay very quickly.
- Do a water pressure clean on your roof to remove any rot, debris or dirt build ups from adverse weather conditions. You may need to do apply a sterilising agent or anti-fungicide depending on the material your roof is made of.
- Check ridge capping is in good condition,when mortar is cracked or breaking away re cementing will be requred
- Check roof sarking on skillion roofs (flat roofs).If holes are in the roof sarking new sarking will be needed.
The roof needs to be carefully taken care of, avoiding the damage for your home. Proper roofing, timely and regular roof care help you and your family experience life with peace of mind. Contact us now for a free consultation!